Things are looking good for my next book, a middle-grade novel set on Saint Simons Island, Georgia.
Along with my illustrator, I will be trekking down to The Island this weekend for more research and inspiration. We’ll be touring all the highlights of Saint Simons and enjoying the fabulous coastal atmosphere. Stay tuned for more posts and pictures of the trip!
If all goes well, I hope to release the book this summer. The whole process has been, and, I hope, will continue to be an adventure.
My Current Reading List:
- Georgia’s Land of the Golden Isles by Burnette Vanstory
- The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, Part One) by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk and E.B. White
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis