First, some good news: my research trip to Saint Simons Island was fantastic! My illustrator and I were able to explore all the highlight of The Island, and I uncovered some much-needed information for my book. Saint Simons is a beautiful, enchanting place, and it is always a privilege to visit. I think the weekend can best be understood in pictures, so I’ve included several below.
Second, some more good news: I have decided on a title for my book, and it *should* remain as the final title. The novel (geared towards the middle-grade audience) is titled The Lighthouse Thief. I hope to release it by this summer.
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Saving Leonardo by Nancy Pearcey
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- The School Story by Andrew Clements